Under the direct supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation Services and supervising therapists, the Rehabilitation Technician assists with direct patient care, including but not limited to activities of daily living, mobility, behavioral management, assisting with facilitating classroom and/or training programs, job coaching duties, analyzing and transcribing observational documentation and report writing.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates knowledge of classroom management and ensures that residents participate appropriately in a group setting.
• Demonstrates ability to assist with lessons, activities, and exams, ensuring that appropriate curriculum is facilitated to residents.
• Ability to assist patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) – toileting, personal hygiene, changing briefs, showering, feeding, etc.
• Assist with transfer and mobility activities and use of mechanical lifts under the direction of the supervising therapist/therapists
• Assist therapists with treatment sessions as indicated under the direction of the supervising therapists.
• Demonstrates the ability to monitor the client’s behaviors, appropriate social and work boundaries, job skills and abilities, and provide both positive and/or negative feedback.
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of techniques utilized to modify behavior positively.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the client’s functional limitations and knowledge of compensatory strategies.
• May be assigned job coaching duties; Trains the client on his/her assigned job duties, providing supervision and assistance until the client can perform tasks independently.
• Demonstrates ability to use tact, patience, and courtesy with clients and community employers at all times.
• Lead and organize community trips following company procedure to facilitate client/resident training and knowledge as appropriate.
• Demonstrates ability to be able to solve problems independently as they arise during programming and in the client’s workplace setting with satisfactory results.
• Must be able to complete reports and maintains various records, schedules, and files to document and/or provide reliable information.
• Demonstrates ability to perform basic functions on Word and Excel.
• Attend all mandatory staff meeting
• Ability to work weekends as needed
• Initiates assignments without hesitation and, when completed, seeks out additional job duties.
• Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, and physician notes and summaries.
• Works with supervisor to ensure a productive and cohesive team.
• Meets deadlines to ensure compliance with administrative requests.
• Maintain workspace area by cleaning, disinfecting, and reporting defective equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must be certified in AHA BLS CPR/First Aid within 30 days of employment and renew every two (2) years.
2. Must successfully pass Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) Certification within one (1) year of obtaining the Rehab Tech position.
3. Must be certified in SAMA within 30 days of employment and renew annually.
4. Must be a Certified Driver per Touchstone Neurorecovery Center’s policies and renew annually.
5. Must successfully pass all Rehab Tech position competencies annually.
6. Must pass a criminal background test on an annual basis.