Respiratory Therapist (RRT / CRT) – Full-time Night - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is a professional caregiver, who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the respiratory status of Nexus Specialty Hospital’s patients to ensure that patients and their families receive an optimum level of care. The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of patient growth and development and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures. Respiratory Therapist practices relationship-centered care in concert with Nexus Health Systems core values of compassion, integrity, and demonstrates excellent customer service. The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) also works under the medical direction and the direct supervision of the Director of Respiratory Care Services. The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for administering therapeutic and diagnostic procedures to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients requiring intensive care treatment.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides theory backed evidence-based patient and family education.
- Follows verbal and written orders from physicians in administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system of patients.
- Documents complete patient assessment upon admission within the time frame per policy and initiate plan of care.
- Develops effective treatment plans.
- Evaluates treatment program, results and takes appropriate action.
- Performs assessments of Arterial Blood gases, Ventilator Management, EKG’s and chest x-rays.
- Proficient in performing in emergency situations calmly and with no other backup therapist if the situation arises.
- Evaluates patient response/outcomes to procedures performed, treatments, medication administration and other aspects of the treatment plan.
- Recognizes changes in patient condition and initiates actives to facilitate appropriate responses.
- Communicates with the Director of Respiratory, physicians, team members regarding patient progress, and change in condition.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient’s progress and discharge planning needs to appropriate hospital and medical staff.
- Demonstrates the philosophy of teamwork, trust, and promote to the general welfare and co-operation with other employees.
- Participates as necessary for patient care conferences and weekly team and neurology meetings.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Records daily treatments and labor per departmental procedures.
- Completes accurate reports and electronically documents treatments according to facility policies.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Adheres to the hospital infection control policies and OSHA guidelines following universal precautions at all times.
- Serve as lead/on-call therapist when the department director is unavailable.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Presents him/herself in a professional manner when representing facility.
- Communicates with the Director of Respiratory Therapy regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems, and successes.
- Resolves, with the assistance of Director of Respiratory Therapy, areas of concern or conflict with patient’s families, co-workers or external customers in a professional, proactive, and courteous manner.
- Provides pertinent shift hand-off report to other members of the team.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Respiratory Therapy.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues.
- Records temperatures and performs laboratory maintenance equal participation to a coworker.
- Performs and records daily quality controls at the established intervals equal participation to a coworker.
- Ensures documentation and charging of resource/supplies.
- Covers the Woodlands campus when required.
- Performs and completes other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Three years as a Registered Respiratory Therapist with experience in the environment and level of the core in which performing duties including up to mechanical ventilation experience.
- Intubation skills preferred.
Apply Here »
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the State of Practice.
- Current Basic Life Support- American Heart Association Certification.
- Current Advance Life-Support- American Heart Association Certification preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support-American Heart Association preferred.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Certification obtained within the first 90 days of hire. Then annually.
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility.