Physical Therapist - PRN
Physical Therapist develops and provides physical therapy services to referred patients and serves as a patient advocate in the Therapy Department
Apply Here »
- Screens, evaluates and treats patients as assigned.
- Evaluates patients within 72 hours of physician referral.
- Develops effective treatment plans to assigned patients.
- Supervises PTA’s and rehabilitation technicians in direct patient care and patient related activities.
- Treats patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician.
- Provide evidence-based treatments and monitor progress to assigned patients.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation, physicians and other team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in patient care conferences, rehabilitation meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Performs department audits to ensure quality patient care
- Documents treatments, outcomes and all required documentations related to patient care according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines in a timely manner.
- Participates in staff In-Service Training Programs.
- Records daily treatments and charges with respect to department policy.
- Establishes and instructs parents/caregivers in patient specific home exercise programs/maintenance programs, safety and DME.
- Participates in discharge planning and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence.
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Physical Therapy or Physical Therapy Assistant schools.
- Communicates and coordinates clinical services department functions with other departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness.
- Communicates with the Director of Rehabilitation regarding department programs, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Physical Therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, for example, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, etc.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment in order to prolong working life.
- Communicates with PTAs on a daily basis regarding patient goals, outcomes, and plan of care
- Provides quality customer service to patients and family members
- Communicates with medical staff in order to clarify questions regarding patient status
- Demonstrates knowledge of the medically complex patient and provides appropriate interventions based on diagnosis.
- Adheres to department productivity standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one year working with the acute adult population preferred.
- Graduate of a bachelor’s level program in Physical Therapy.
- Masters and/or Doctorate degree preferred
- Licensed by the State of Practice in Physical Therapy
- Current CPR and CPI certification.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility, or, obtain 90) days