Personal Care Attendant (PCA) - Nexus Neurorecovery Center - Conroe, TX
Personal Care Attendant is responsible for providing optimum quality care, ensuring the maintenance of a safe home-like environment, carrying out the programming activities and assisting in activities of daily living skills for our residents. This position is considered to be an essential staff member who is required to be on duty to provide services to Nexus during emergency situations and/or disaster situations, as defined by the facility’s emergency and disaster response plan.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Apply Here »
- Demonstrates ability to assist residents with their activities of daily living based on their individual needs (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, cooking, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual residents’ histories, current progress and personal issues or difficulties.
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with residents including ability to de-escalate residents with verbal interaction.
- Assists residents in promptly following through with programming issues, and medical and community appointments.
- Reads all staff memos, staff communication notes, resident case management notes, physician notes and e-mails each shift.
- Demonstrates ability to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Displays willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
- Assists residents by providing options to problems and guiding them to choose the best solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately document all observed resident behavior and activity according to current progress note format in Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding transportation of residents both on and off property.
- Demonstrates ability to lead educational groups as assigned.
- Checks resident’s vital signs and documents appropriately in EMR.
- Reports all abnormalities with residents’ health/condition according to company policies and procedures.
- Communicates in a courteous, respectful and kind manner to staff, residents, visitors, telephone callers, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to follow home exercise program as outlined by therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to follow individualized behavior protocol including providing positive reinforcement and setting limits.
- Attends all staff trainings as required by supervisor or administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience in direct care position preferably in a rehabilitation and/or assisted living setting
- Preferably knowledgeable of or prior exposure to providing assistance to person with neurological deficits with disabilities in rehabilitation, acute care, community re-entry or other healthcare related program
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
- Bilingual preferred
- Certified in CPR and ABC 101 / CPI
- Proven competency in the following: Vital signs, feeding, transfers, APL’s, documentation, skin integrity/wound care.