New Grad - Certified Nursing Assistant - $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Under the Nurse Manager’s direct supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in direct patient care and assists patients with daily living activities.
Apply Here »
- Completes and records routine patient vital signs as per instructed by RN/LVN.
- Performs patient rounds as ordered; if unable to perform, the primary nurse is notified.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and reports any deviation to the primary nurse immediately.
- Ensures that fluid/food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded in patient charts every shift.
- Bathes patients as scheduled; if the patient declines, the nurse and program director are properly notified.
- Performs oral care at least once per shift and documents on patient’s chart.
- Provides hair care at least once per shift and documents on patient’s chart.
- Ensures patients are turned at least Q2HRS or as ordered; if the patient cannot be turned or refuses, the primary nurse is notified and is documented in the patient’s chart.
- Feeds patients as assigned/required.
- Assist with transfers as needed.
- Assists patients with bowel/bladder needs.
- Answers patients call lights-timely (within 5 minutes if not in another patient’s room). Immediately reports any patient concerns/ pt family complaints to the program director.
- Reports any perceived/actual change in patient’s alertness, physical condition, skin changes, and any other areas of concern to patient’s primary care nurse immediately.
- Can verbalize facility’s emergency codes and responsibility with each. Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations.
- Ensures patients bed is clean and organized at all times with call bell and patient items within reach.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection.
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per facility policy.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition by removing all trash and preventing unnecessary clutter.
- Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as required, including gowns, gloves, masks, etc.
- Is respectful/courteous to patients/families/fellow staff at all times
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon change of shift.
- Performs walking rounds at the change of shift.
- Completes all required documentation promptly and before the end of shift.
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members positively and professionally.
- Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned, and/or emptied as needed and at the end of the shift.
- Communicates unit/patient concerns to Program Director.
- Performs and documents patients’ weights as ordered.
- Ensures patient attends scheduled therapies and groups.
- Interacts with patients and families in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer at least six (6) months of experience working in a rehabilitation environment with individuals with neurological impairment.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in Texas
- Certified in AHA BLS
- Certified in Behavioral Intervention (SAMA) within 30 days of employment