Licensed Vocational Nurse- PRN - Nexus Specialty Hospital - Shenandoah, TX
Under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse/House Supervisor/Nurse Manager, the LVN provides direct nursing care in accordance with the laws governing LVN nursing practice and hospital policies and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that scope of duties and services provided are consistent and within the guidelines of the state LVN Nurse Practice Act and hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individual patients’/residents’ histories, current progress, care requirements and treatment goals.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate nursing decisions when evaluating patients/residents which includes reporting changes in patient’s condition to registered nurse for evaluation/intervention.
- Complies with established medication administration policies and procedures, including the 10 rights and legible documentation.
- Performs patient rounds at least every 2 hours.
- Effectively operates and troubleshoots commonly utilized equipment and reports non-functioning equipment to Central Supply.
- Completes all required documentation legibly and prior to the end of the shift.
- Receives telephones orders from the Licensed Independent Practitioner and completes orders per established policies and procedures. Ensures read back process occurs for accuracy.
- Re-evaluates patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Demonstrates ability to perform basic drug calculations.
- Investigates all unfamiliar procedures, techniques and medications (purpose, methods and side effects) before carrying them out.
- Participates in team rounds when appropriate. Completes Team Conference documentation.
- Accepts patient assignments, within scope, as directed by the House Supervisor/Nurse Manager.Coordinates care with Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager and ancillary clinical departments to provide optimal patient care.
- Coordinates and oversees care delivered by certified nursing assistants.Ensures patient weights are performed and documented for patients as ordered.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Actively seeks out opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Participates in orientation of new employees.
- Possesses ability to recognize changes in patient condition, and appropriately reports change to Registered Nurse/House Supervisor/Nurse Manager and implements appropriate interventions with guidance from registered nurse.
- Completes documentation that reflects patient events, communication, status, and changes.
- Verbalizes and performs the Licensed Vocational Nurse role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Communicates with patients, patient’s family, staff, and physicians in a professional and courteous manner.
- Attends at least 80% of all staff meetings.
- Attends at least 80% of Nurse Education at Nexus Specialty Hospital.
- Participates as a nurse team member in Quality Management System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which providing care.
- Preferred minimum of at least two (2) year experience in acute/post-acute hospital setting.
Apply Here »
- Maintain current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State in which performing duties.
- Maintain current BLS/ACLS certification in good standing during employment. If LVN does not have ACLS, certification must be obtained within 90 days from the date of hire.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Certified or must obtain within 90 days of hire.