The Laundry Technician is responsible for completing laundry for the patients at Nexus Children’s Hospital.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures soiled laundry is washed and folded for all patients.
• Collects soiled laundry from patient rooms to be washed.
• Distributes clean laundry to patient rooms.
• Performs laundry equipment maintenance as needed.
• Ensures work area is clean during each shift.
• Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning chemicals and the proper use of each chemical.
• Ensures that chemicals are properly labeled.
• Ensures that chemicals are properly locked up and secured.
• Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling to meet the laundry needs of the facility.
• Ensures the transport of soiled linen using the proper techniques to prevent contamination.
• Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in the moving and lifting of supplies and equipment.
• Utilizes appropriate precautions to use all chemicals to minimize the potential for exposure of self and the environment.
• Communicates effectively verbally and in writing to fulfill position and responsibilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• At least one year of experience in laundry preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• High school diploma or GED preferred.