NEXUS SPECIALTY HOSPITAL
When your family member or patient is discharged from the hospital, but still needs specific care delivered by a medical team, consider Nexus Specialty Hospital. Offering two locations just minutes apart, our family-oriented settings provide the critical care our patients need while beginning to treat impairments caused by acquired and traumatic brain injury or other illness or disease. Whether our patients need an ICU or ICU step-down setting, require ventilator support, IV drips, or telemetry monitoring, Nexus Specialty Hospital provides varying degrees of medical and rehabilitative care for adults.
To provide professional and administrative management skills in directing the rehabilitation programs in general and the Neuro Continuum Program in particular as well as serving as the liaison between operational and clinical departments and ensuring compliance with all applicable DNV, state and federal guidelines.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides operational oversight to rehab departments and the Neuro Continuum Program at Shenandoah and The Woodlands campuses.
• Ensures evaluation of patients within 72 hours of physician referral.
• Performs duties associated with evaluation/treatment of patients: Screen, evaluates, and treats patients as assigned; develops individualized treatment plans; ensures treatment of patients according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician.
• Communicates with the Chief Operations Officer, physicians and other health team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
• Serves as liaison between Administration, the Rehabilitation Department and other operational and clinical departments.
• Participates in patient care conferences, weekly leadership meetings and other meetings and committees as assigned.
• Documents treatment and outcomes daily according to accepted regulatory, corporate, and professional guidelines.
• Participates in in-service training programs of staff to achieve a high standard of care by all staff.
• Maintains department productivity standard.
• Establishes and instructs caregivers and patients in patient specific maintenance programs, safety and DME.
• Participates in discharge planning and completes necessary documentation.
• Secures necessary durable medical equipment and adaptive equipment for department to facilitate patient independence.
• Serves and coordinates clinical preceptor for affiliating SLP, OT, OTA, PT and PTA schools.
• Communicates with the Chief Operations Officer regarding department programs, goals, objectives, problems and successes.
• Complies with state regulations and national standards applicable to the practice of Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of therapy equipment utilized in different procedures, i.e., ultrasound, e-stim, etc.
• Utilizes resources appropriately and uses/maintains equipment/supplies in order to prolong working life.
• Works in conjunction with Corporate Business Office to ensure charges are updated for departments accordingly. Ensure appropriate billing by rehabilitation services.
• Ensures timely entry of appropriate patients in the Trauma Registry.
• Ensures appropriate outcome measurement, tracking and reporting for patients in general and the Neuro Continuum Program in particular.
• Functions as a liaison between campuses for patients/families identified as Neuro Continuum candidates.
• Communicates effectively with Nexus Neurorecovery Center regarding potential transferring patients to ensure smooth transition.
• Coordinates staff education, in conjunction with Director of Education, to all clinical staff specific to neurological diagnoses, behavior and other pertinent topics on a monthly basis.
• Participates in marketing events on behalf of Nexus Health Systems as needed in order to develop community partners, physician relationships and community awareness.
• Develops and implements multidisciplinary staff competencies specific to patient mobility, transfers, neurological population.
• Coordinate Neuro Continuum Program process development with input from Physicians, Physician Extenders, Nursing, Case Management and Therapy Team.
• Identifies appropriate key performance indicators for rehabilitation department and Neuro Continuum Program. Develops solutions to “off track” indicators.
• Develops annual department goals in support of the hospital’s annual goals.
• Works in conjunction with Field Controller, CEO and Chief Operations Officer to develop departmental budgets.
• Ensures positive patient satisfaction surveys.
• Serves as an advocate for the Rehab department
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum three years experience working with an adult, neurological and geriatric population in a hospital setting
• Minimum two years supervisory experience
• Licensed as an Occupational, Physical, or Speech Therapist in the State of Texas
• AHA BLS/CPR Certified
• Specialty certification in neurology and/or brain injury preferred
• Must maintain current certification in good standing while employed with this facility or obtain within 30 days