Director Nursing & Quality Services - Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the CEO, the Director of Nursing & Quality Services is given the necessary authority and responsibility to operate all departments in all functions and activities subject only to the policies and procedures issued by the governing board. This position acts as the Compliance and Privacy Liaison for the facility and works in tandem with all department Directors to ensure facility-wide compliance in all areas. This position also provides oversight for all nursing departments, including education and special procedures. This position works collaboratively with the CEO to ensure the highest standards of care are delivered at all times.
Apply Here »
- Establishes and maintains the highest standards of clinical care for all hospital patients
- Works with facility Safety Officer in implementing and maintaining programs for Patient Safety
- Ensures clinical staff compliance with medical records guidelines and completes medical record audits within established time frames
- Communicates with the Director of Human Resources, which includes providing all required paperwork, regarding open positions and assists with the recruitment of clinical staff in order to provide adequate hospital staffing
- Is accessible 24/7 to all clinical departments unless other arrangements have been made and communicated to the appropriate staff
- Maintains adequate clinical staffing to provide quality patient care, including determining the types and numbers of clinical personnel and staff necessary to provide clinical care for all areas of the hospital
- Ensures clinical staff remains in compliance with hospital and department policies and procedures
- Ensures clinical staff is competent to perform job duties
- Directs hospital-wide Quality Management/Performance Improvement activities
- Two (2) years experience in Quality Management and a nursing leadership.
- B.S. in nursing or equivalent clinical background. BSN or greater required for ANCC/TNA Approved Provider function.
- Continuing education in the area of nursing practice, Patient safety, and quality.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Current BLS