The Dietary Aide prepares food and maintains the work area in accordance with all sanitary and safety regulations. The Dietary Aide assists the cook with serving food that is palatable and appealing in appearance, and that adheres to food preferences in accordance with physician orders.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to Food Safety Manual regarding any and all food preparation practices.
• Checks and records proper sanitary, temperature, and function of dishwasher and pot wash areas.
• Ensures clean up of kitchen/cafeteria and equipment on a daily basis, including sweeping, mopping, and garbage.
• Ensures utensils and serving equipment/dishes are clean and ready for the next meal service.
• Assists with checking of meal trays for accuracy.
• Assists management in assuring that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained, including appropriate storage and rotating of supplies.
• Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety, and infection control as mandated by the Texas Department of Health.
• Prepares and serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanically soft, cold food preparation, etc.)
• Keeps work area clean and free of hazardous equipment.
• Assists with all meal transport as needed.
• Addresses patients, staff, and visitors with warmth and respect.
• Provides services graciously and courteously.
• Assists the cook with meal preparation as needed.
• Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing the quality of work.
• Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and days scheduled in order to meet the needs of the department.
• Deliver’s formulas to correct nursing stations.
• Provides A.M. formulas according to written recipes and following proscribed methods of sanitation.
• Delivers P.M. formulas according to the formula delivery chart maintained by the supervisor.
• Prepares and delivers snacks to the nurse’s station each morning using a snack chart.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• One (1) year experience in institutional or commercial foodservice preferred
• Food Handlers Certification
• Attend behavioral management and de-escalation techniques training as required by the facility.
• Certification in behavior management or related (SAMA, ABA, PIP, etc.)