The Dietary Aide prepares food and maintains the work area in accordance with all sanitary and safety regulations. The Dietary Aide assists the cook with serving food that is palatable and appealing in appearance and adheres to food preferences according to physician orders. In addition, the Dietary Aide collects the orders from all the patients for the upcoming week.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Adheres to Food Safety Manual regarding all food preparation practices.
• Collects all the food orders from patients for the upcoming week.
• Checks and records proper sanitary, temperature, and function of dishwasher and pot wash areas.
• Ensures clean-up of kitchen/cafeteria and equipment daily, including sweeping, mopping, and garbage.
• Ensures utensils and serving equipment/dishes are clean and ready for next meal service.
• Assists with checking meal trays for accuracy.
• Assists management in assuring that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained, including appropriate
storage and rotating of supplies.
• Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety, and infection control as mandated
by the Texas Department of Health.
• Prepares and serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanically soft, cold food preparation, etc.)
• Keeps work area clean and free of hazardous equipment.
• Works safely with all equipment and duties.
• Assists with all meal transport as needed.
• Addresses patients, staff, and visitors with warmth and respect.
• Provides services graciously and courteously.
• Assists the cook with meal preparation as needed.
• Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing the quality of work.
• Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and days scheduled to meet the needs of the department.
• Delivers formulas to correct nursing stations.
• Provides A.M. formulas according to written recipes and following proscribed methods of sanitation.
• Delivers P.M. formulas according to formula delivery chart maintained by supervisor.
• Prepares and delivers snacks to nurse’s station each morning using snack chart.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• One (1) year experience in institutional or commercial foodservice preferred
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Food Handlers Certification
• Basic computer skills required
• Must have a valid driver license