Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Adheres to Food Safety Manual regarding any and all food preparation practices.
• Checks and records proper sanitary, temperature, and function of dishwasher and pot wash areas.
• Ensures clean up of kitchen/cafeteria and equipment on a daily basis, including sweeping, mopping, and garbage.
• Ensures utensils and serving equipment/dishes are clean and ready for the next meal service.
• Assists with checking of meal trays for accuracy.
• Assists management in assuring that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained, including appropriate storage and rotating of supplies.
• Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety, and infection control as mandated by the Texas Department of Health.
• Prepares and serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanically soft, cold food preparation, etc.)
• Keeps work area clean and free of hazardous equipment.
• Assists with all meal transport as needed.
• Addresses patients, staff, and visitors with warmth and respect.
• Provides services graciously and courteously.
• Assists the cook with meal preparation as needed.
• Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing the quality of work.
• Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and days scheduled in order to meet the needs of the department.
• Deliver’s formulas to correct nursing stations.
• Provides A.M. formulas according to written recipes and following proscribed methods of sanitation.
• Delivers P.M. formulas according to the formula delivery chart maintained by the supervisor.
• Prepares and delivers snacks to the nurse’s station each morning using a snack chart.
Performs other duties as assigned.Apply Here »
One (1) year experience in institutional or commercial foodservice preferred
High School diploma or equivalent required