Corporate Director, Risk Management / Patient Safety is given the necessary authority and responsibility to operate all accountable departments in all functions and activities subject only to the policies and procedures issued by the governing board. The Corporate Director, Risk Management / Patient Safety primary responsibility is to ensure the delivery of quality patient care. This position is required to use independent discretion and judgment with respect to supervisory and management decisions and recommendations. This position is required to be accessible 24/7 and have accountability of clinical service departments.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and administers healthcare risk management programs.
2. Develops, directs, and oversees effective initiatives to identify and minimize the risk of injury to patients
3. Oversees risk management initiatives that impact clinical operations across the continuum of care.
4. Implement effective patient communication and early identification, assessment, and resolutions of clinical risk events.
5. Implement measurement methodologies for quantifying, comparing, benchmarking, and prioritizing various risks.
6. Creates and modifies policies to comply with federal and state regulatory requirements.
7. Coordinates and develops systems wide programs for quality patient care
8. Investigates any incidences that may result in asset losses
9. Provide and oversee quality review visits.
10. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates risk, followed by selecting and implementing the most appropriate methods for correcting, reducing, managing, transferring, or eliminating the risk.
11. Oversee Loss Prevention in developing strategy for execution of reduction of professional liability losses
12. Works with facilities to establish oversight processes that provide objective review of overall quality
13. Develops, implements, reviews, and monitors clinical practices to ensure each facility is delivering clinical care within the scope of clinical and facility license as well as delivering clinical care in the method that achieves the highest possible outcome.
14. Establishes and reviews clinical indicators for facilities, ensuring quality benchmarking is consistent with expectations of community stakeholders.
15. Develops and implements an effective and efficient chain of communication between facilities regarding risk related issues.
16. Ensures system wide compliance with clinical policies and procedures.
17. Works closely with facility Director Quality Service to ensure partnership in outcomes.
18. Establishes a clinical culture of customer satisfaction and service for patients, physicians, and referral sources.
19. Possess current knowledge of Accreditation standards and assists facilities with survey preparation when appropriate.
20. Establishes within the local healthcare communities that the company is the recognized specialty expert in the areas of neurobehavioral, pediatric, and adult long-term care services.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.Apply Here »
Minimum two years direct care experience with leadership experience.