Under the direct supervision of the nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in the direct patient care and assists patients with activities of daily living.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes and records patient vital signs in a timely manner.
• Ensures that patient temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure are taken and recorded as per instruction.
• Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and appropriately reports abnormalities in a timely manner.
• Ensures that fluid and food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded.
• Assists patients with activities of daily living. (e.g., bathing, oral hygiene, care of hair, oral feedings,
positioning, transfers, etc.)
• Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the primary nurse.
• Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
• Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection
• Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy.
• Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition
• Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
• Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon a change of shift.
• Performs walking rounds at the change of shift.
• Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
• Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members in a positive and professional manner.
• Returns all soiled trays upon patient meal completion in a timely manner.
• Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned and/or emptied as required.
• Demonstrates the ability to assess patient and unit needs, communicating those needs to a supervisor or appropriate
• Performs patients’ weights as ordered
• Updates patient communication board daily for the assigned patient group.
• Maintains patient turning schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Prefer at least six (6) months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
• High school Degree or equivalent
• Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the States in which performing duties
• Certified in CPR