The position serves as the primary marketing representative for the facility and is responsible for clinical assessments of potential referrals to the facility; serves as a liaison between facility personnel and the families of referrals and other professionals in the community.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and implements quarterly marketing plans with goals designed to achieve budgeted admits.
2. Achieves quarterly goals.
3. Conducts sales calls to existing and potential referral sources and records call activity into the system.
4. Tracks physician non-monetary items for compliance submits to Marketing Directors
5. Adheres to all Stark Laws and Anti-Kickback statues
6. Establishes and cultivates professional relationships with referral sources to generate repeat referral opportunities.
7. Seeks out managed care opportunities and works with NHS Director of Managed Care Services to cultivate the same.
8. Completes weekly calendars and contact reports with timely submission per departmental direction
9. Consistently completes and maintains data in the CRM (MarketWare)
10. Attends conferences and professional seminars as requested to promote the facility.
11. Provides timely and detailed input to the marketing budget
12. Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital and marketplace to stay abreast of healthcare changes and/or trends.
13. Performs competitive analysis of competitor facilities periodically.
14. Conducts presentations and tours of the facility to potential referral sources and families.
15. Performs clinical assessments to determine the appropriateness and acceptance of potential admissions.
16. Maintains timely attendance and active participation in Nexus marketing education events.
17. Cost-effectively performs marketing duties, consults director on plans, costs, and options before scheduling
events/placing orders, submits expense reports quickly, and adheres to company policies on approved expenses.
18. Maintains knowledge of community resources.
19. Effectively, timely, and accurately reports and/or communicates activities, progress, issues, and/or concerns to CHIEF
EXECUTIVE OFFICER and Marketing Director.
20. Works with the facility Marketing Director on an ongoing basis regarding concerns and issues which impact census
building in the facility, responds to the request, participates in field ride along and training, etc.
21. Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of licensing regulations and third-party payor information.
22. Works closely with all Nexus facility personnel and related staff in coordination/cross coordination of referrals,
evaluations, and marketing activities.
23. Looks for the facility’s need and opportunity to package programs with clinical, nursing, and medical directors to
market specific diagnosis-based services.
24. Develops strategic annual and 90-day sales plans based upon budgeted census needs, payor mix, and patient mix.
25. Provides administrative support to the TNA Education Unit Program Director regarding CEU Courses.
26. Schedules, coordinates, and promotes educational/CEU activities to referral sources to support ongoing professional
27. Collaborates with Nexus marketing representatives for CEU presentations and other integrated marketing efforts.
28. Consistently follows the established Continuing Nursing Education process for developing, delivering, and evaluating
offered activities’ effectiveness.
29. Assists in identifying any need for Nursing Education.
30. Consistently completes all required paperwork promptly.
31. Accesses and checks email/webmail each shift when working to keep info
32. Performs other duties as assigned.
• At least one year of experience in a related field, including two years of clinical experience.
• Background experience with case management or rehabilitation nursing and referral development required.
• At least two years of increased marketing responsibility in the healthcare industry.
• Working knowledge of Admission Criteria for Nexus facilities
• Bachelors degree preferred
• RN, LVN, CRT, RRT, or social work license required