Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Day and Night Shift -PRN Nexus Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
Under the nurse’s direct supervision, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in direct patient care and assists patients with daily living activities.
Apply Here »
- Completes and records patient vital signs in a timely manner.
- Ensures that patient temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure are taken and recorded as per instruction.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and appropriately reports abnormalities in a timely manner.
- Ensures that fluid and food intake and output are appropriately measured and recorded.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living. (e.g., bathing, oral hygiene, care of hair, oral feedings, positioning, transfers, etc.)
- Ensures that any change in patient condition or unusual circumstances is reported immediately to the primary nurse.
- Can verbalize the CNA role in patient emergency situations and cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Practices correct isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and to control the spread of infection
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition
- Assist with restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as directed.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon a change of shift.
- Performs walking rounds at the change of shift.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to accept direction from supervisors and other management team members positively and professionally.
- Returns all soiled trays upon patient meal completion in a timely manner.
- Ensures soiled linen hampers are covered, cleaned and/or emptied as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess patient and unit needs, communicating those needs to a supervisor or appropriate persons.
- Performs patients’ weights as ordered
- Updates patient communication board daily for the assigned patient group.
- Maintains patient turning schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Prefer at least six (6) months of experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
- High school Degree or equivalent
Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the States in which performing duties
Certified in AHA BLS
All Nexus Health Systems employees will need to meet the requirements outlined in the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) interim final rule requiring all workers in most health care settings that participate in the Medicare and Medicaid programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The rule is effective November 5, 2021. Under the regulation, all eligible workers of Nexus Health Systems must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022.