Certified Dietary Manager Full Time
This position is responsible for the work area in accordance with all sanitary and safety regulations and day-to-day functions of the Dietary Aides.
Apply Here »
- Adheres to Food Safety Manual regarding any and all food preparation practices.
- Assists the Dietary Director in the training of Dietary Aides on job-specific duties and completing competencies.
- Ensures clean-up of kitchen/cafeteria and equipment on a daily basis, including sweeping, mopping and garbage.
- Responsible for the Dietary Staff schedule.
- Responsible for making sure that all dietary employee are completing their daily task
- Ensures that all meal presentations are well prepared and garnished
- Define daily task and assignment’s
- Monitor equipment and work areas to verify they are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner, maintain strict adherence to procedures regarding cleaners or hazardous materials or objects, verify universal precautions and infection control, isolation, fire , safety and sanitation practices and procedures are followed, and promptly address any hazardous conditions and equipment
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline dietary personnel
- Ensures proper stocking, cleaning, and documentation of refrigerator temperatures in patient nutritional areas.
- Ensures utensils and serving equipment/dishes are clean and ready for next meal service.
- Assists with checking of meal trays for accuracy.
- Assists Corporate Director of Facility Management in assuring that adequate levels of food supplies are maintained including appropriate storage and rotating of supplies.
- Follows facility policies and procedures regarding proper sanitation, safety and infection control as mandated by the Texas Department of Health.
- Prepares and serves special diet orders (such as pureed, low sodium, mechanically soft, cold food preparation, etc.)
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazardous equipment.
- Works safely with all equipment and duties.
- Assists with all meal transport as needed.
- Addresses patients, staff and visitors with warmth and respect.
- Assists the cook with meal preparation as needed.
- Utilizes time efficiently and completes duties without sacrificing quality of work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working hours and days scheduled in order to meet the needs of the department.
- Scheduling of employee shifts.
- Provides A.M. formulas according to written recipes and following proscribed methods of sanitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that all dietary aides are cross-trained in all phases in the kitchen
- Ensures that all new employees have completed their new hire competency checklist
- Ensures that all corrective actions forms are prepared when needed
- Responsible for making sure that the dining room is clean and presentable for each meal
- Responsible for helping set up special functions or meals that the dietary department is ask to participate in.
- Ensures that there are clean serving trays in the dining room at all times during serving times.
- Three (3) years of experience in institutional or commercial foodservice preferred, supervisory experience, and hospital management experience
- Basic computer skills
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Food Handlers Certification
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) license within 90 days of employment
- Must have a valid driver’s license