Behavior Therapist - BCBA Certified
In conjunction with the Neuropsychologist, the Behavior Therapist works directly with the entire treatment team to provide behavioral interventions to the patients as necessary.
Apply Here »
- Coordinates the development and monitoring of the interdisciplinary treatment plans’ behavioral aspects in conjunction with a patient’s attending physician.
- Develops and provides training and support for team members to implement the Neurocognitive Therapy Program and the interdisciplinary treatment plans.
- Provides individual and/or group behavioral interventions for patients and their families in accordance with the patient’s interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Educates internal staff members about behavioral interventions and effective communication and interpersonal strategies for caring for individuals with an acquired/traumatic brain injury or stroke.
- Participates in and/or coordinates weekly team conferences for all patients on caseload in conjunction with interdisciplinary care team.
- Provides behavioral assessments, data assessments, psycho-educational instructions, and behavioral analyses to identify and treat handicapping conditions that may interfere with other therapeutic successes.
- Identifies and coordinates resolution of areas of concern or conflict with patients’ families, as these concerns or conflicts pertain to a patient’s care, in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Communicates with the clinical services department and coordinates intervention with all therapy departments to achieve cohesion and effectiveness as an integrated, empirically-supported, specialized rehabilitation program.
- Communicates with the Director of Neurocognitive and Counseling regarding treatment planning, behavioral programming, clinical coordination, goals, objections, clinical concern areas, and services successfully implemented.
- Professionally presents self when representing the facility.
- Provides short-term, solution-focused individual, group, and family behavior-analytic services for an inpatient medical population as directed by physicians.
- Establishes effective communication practices with psychological and medical staff to provide insight into the organizational and behavioral barriers that interfere with patient recovery and provide suggestions for improved staff/patient relations.
- Formally and informally, educates and in-services staff and the community about the role of behavioral/environmental management and psychology in effective patient care.
- Tracks and manages relevant therapeutic outcomes data to assess the effectiveness of the Healthy Eaters Feeding Program.
- Participates in discharge planning and provides recommendations for services post-discharge.
- Identifies areas of need, provides assistance and coordinates support groups for patients and/or caregivers.
- Participates in marketing to the community and educating surrounding hospitals in coordination with the marketing team.
- Stays current with the latest research and practices in the behavioral management and care of patients with acquired/traumatic brain injuries and stroke as it applies to the psychological treatment team’s role.
- Attends conferences/workshops as appropriate to maintain a professional network of resources and educates other professionals (locally and nationally) on the programs available at the facility.
- Provides supervision to behavior therapy interns to monitor the implementation of behavioral aspects of the interdisciplinary treatment plans and safeguard the delivery of behavioral services to patients.
- Participates in on-going program development meetings to assess current programs’ efficacy and make recommendations for treatment fidelity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training and experience in developing, training, implementing, and monitoring written behavioral programs.
- Minimum two (2) years working in an inpatient hospital/rehab setting preferred.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst required within six (6) months of hire date
- Must be certified in CPR
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility