Under the Director of Rehabilitation Services direct supervision, the Activities Coordinator is responsible for our residents’ daily activities. The Activities Coordinator will work closely with the staff Recreation Therapist to develop therapeutic activities for residents.
Apply Here »
- Follows any medical regime developed for the patient by the nursing department.
- Carries out the daily activities for the patients.
- Develops a therapeutic relationship with patients.
- Coordinates with staff Recreational Therapist regarding therapeutic activities.
- Plans appropriate activities for assigned group.
- Ensures that patient activities are designed to meet the needs and interests of each patient and which include, but are not limited to:
- -Social activities
- -Cognitive activities
- -Indoor and out-of-doors activities, which may include physical activities
- -Religious programs
- -Opportunity for patient involvement for planning and implementation of the activity program
- -Creative activities
- -Educational activities
- Demonstrating an ability to assess patients’ emotional, physical, and mental capabilities and limitations when planning activities.
- Ensuring patient group size is held to a therapeutic level.
- Leading the patients in activity programs while providing direction, guidance, and encouragement as appropriate.
- Utilizes equipment properly and safely; reports broken or faulty equipment to maintenance.
- Resolves, with assistance, areas of concern or conflict with patient’s families, co-workers, or external customer’s in
- a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Develop a monthly activities calendar and post appropriately
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years in the healthcare field with one year in the activities-related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in the medical field preferred.
- Must be certified in AHA CPR/BLS
- Must be Behavioral Intervention certified within 30 days of employment
- Must maintain current certification in good standing during employment with this facility or obtain within 90 days.